Country to Coast continues to be vigilant in keeping all staff and consumers safe and informed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To ensure our protocols, processes and proactive precautionary methods have remained of the highest standard we incorporate the latest directions from Department of Health & Human Services, and Leading Aged Services Australia (LASA).
Information advice and restrictions about COVID-19 are changing quickly. We endeavour to keep everyone up to date on these changes and to respond appropriately.
Some of our key preventative measures to minimise the risk of transmission include:
- Regular wellness checks of our consumers for any flu-like symptoms supported by immediate reporting protocols
- Wellness and temperature checks for all direct care staff
- Staff use full PPE including masks, disposable gloves, eye protection and hand sanitiser
- All consumers and carers are provided with masks
- COVID staff vaccinations kept up to date and reported to My Aged Care
- Support for consumers to have virtual visits using Skype, FaceTime, mobiles as required
- Support for consumers to have virtual GP or specialist consultations if necessary
- Increased frequency of infection control training and full-drill PPE put-on [don] and take-off [doff] sessions for all staff. PPE includes masks, face shields, hospital gowns, gloves, hand sanitiser.
We would like to send a strong reminder to all of our consumers and family members of the critical importance of frequent hand washing, coughing into crook of your arm, binning used tissues, social distancing and avoiding close contact with others if you are feeling unwell.
For more information and regular updates, please see the DHHS website or the DHHS Help Line on 1800 020 080.